It is summer time and flip flops make an appearance. Many of us have them in all kinds of cute colors and designs. But while you are bouncing around town in your Michael Kors or Nike flip flops, consider this.
Flip-flops can lead to problems such as pain at the balls of your feet from lack of padding and tendon inflammation, since your toes flex and grip to keep the sandals on. They offer no arch support, heel cushioning, or shock absorption, according to the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA).
Flip-flops give you some basic protection to the bottom of your foot to walk around poolside or on a surface that may be warm during the summer, so let’s consider reserving them for such occasions. I am very guilty of wearing flip flops while out running errands or just hanging out but with this research, I have decided to leave them for the beach.
1. What do you think about—–? You may find this odd but even more than compliments, women like to know that you value our opinion on matters big or small not only to you but things going on in the world.
2. You are the first woman to ever—– I cannot express this enough but it is so sweet to know that you share something with your partner that is unique to the two of you. Adult dating means, its not likely that you will share a first kiss or date but other things can be just as sentimental. Example ” You are the first and only woman to make my heart race like this when we kiss” Umph!
3. You are or would make a great mother… even the most confident woman is a little insecure about how she would be as a mother. Hearing this from your partner is not only re-assuring but is a reminder of the kinds of nurturing qualities that you possess that he admires and appreciates.
Top Three things that women like to hear their man say in bed and three things to avoid…
- Bedroom Compliments- women love to hear that they are beautiful, sexy and desirable. Something as simple as “I just want to look at you for a moment” is not only arousing but affirms to her that you see her as a sexy woman and it goes beyond just the sex.
- Dirty Talk- with a balance. Think dirty not vulgar.
- Nothing! That is correct. Women love it when a man says nothing and just comes with a silent but sexy agenda that he wants her badly. No words needed, just action. Make sure to be smooth with it though.
- Something sexy in another language.
- Something romantic during foreplay… i.e “you are the only woman in the world for me”
- How do you want it… enough said
Three things to avoid
- Complimenting your own genitalia and its size… its so annoying. Let her hand out the compliments
- Unnecessary chatter…
- Talking about getting her pregnant or having more kids. That may or may not go over well so leave that for a discussion of another time.
Who was the first to platform heels?
Platform shoes used to be worn by Greek actors to signify status.
Its cook out and BBQ season!!! And if I am being honest, I don’t love potato salad. I mean I eat it. Ha! Is that greedy? I just don’t love it as much as I love other potato dishes i.e FRENCH FRIES. But never the less, it seems inevitable that there WILL be someone that will bring potato salad to the BBQ or the party. Sometimes home made and sometimes store bought. And let us ALL be honest, store bought is not the greatest and it is usually sits off to the side in its little plastic container…. lonely. Umph…
So here are a few ways to doctor that baby up!
- First of all find a cute little dish to transfer it in… part of the reason why people are inclined to eat it is because of the presentation. So let’s start there
- Once your potato salad has a new dig, dice up some fresh celery and red onion or scallions and add it in. This will give it a nice fresh crunch.
- Another options is to add some seasoning. I suggest adding some fresh ground pepper, some chives or dill. Add a little sea salt or pink himalayan salt to it. These seasonings with some red onion would be great in the potato salad!
- Another option is to add some fresh boiled eggs to it. This will give it some texture and depth. Again, add your seasonings and maybe some finely chopped red peppers.
- If all else fails, add in some spicy mustard, a little sea salt and pepper and sprinkle some chopped herbs like dill on top for a nice presentation.
Warning: Real Talk
Girl!! First off, EVERY woman has some cellulite. It may be a rare 3 % of women who don’t but most of us do and it does not make us any less sexy. Period. So if you are not cool with it, then get cool with it and if you man/partner is not cool with it then check his ass. Sexy is what it is no matter what’s on our bodies!
Now, that being said, this ‘ish still gets on our nerves right? I know it gets on mine and I can be honest and say I would like to reduce it as much as possible. Yep, for vanity reasons. I ain’t that confident.
So lets talk about the coffee scrubs and all the hype around the fact that the caffeine in the coffee will help reduce the cellulite. Before we go into it, let me say, two messy bathtubs later that no matter if you chose to make your coffee scrub at home or buy one at Sephora, before you go investing your time and money, please know that the only tried and true way to reduce cellulite is to work out. Reduce not vanish…
We have to squat, step, lunge and reshape our bodies to really tighten the muscle and reduce the appearance. What I have found is that exercise and especially weight training is the best way to get a handle on it.
I will tell you that what the coffee scrubs actually do is buffs away the dead skin on the area leaving it more smooth and the caffeine will temporarily reduce the appearance by making the cellulite less pronounced. Probably a great idea before a photo shoot or a day at the beach or pool.
So, all in all, Save a dollar and pop a squat!