Its cook out and BBQ season!!! And if I am being honest, I don’t love potato salad. I mean I eat it. Ha! Is that greedy? I just don’t love it as much as I love other potato dishes i.e FRENCH FRIES. But never the less, it seems inevitable that there WILL be someone that will bring potato salad to the BBQ or the party. Sometimes home made and sometimes store bought. And let us ALL be honest, store bought is not the greatest and it is usually sits off to the side in its little plastic container…. lonely. Umph…
So here are a few ways to doctor that baby up!
- First of all find a cute little dish to transfer it in… part of the reason why people are inclined to eat it is because of the presentation. So let’s start there
- Once your potato salad has a new dig, dice up some fresh celery and red onion or scallions and add it in. This will give it a nice fresh crunch.
- Another options is to add some seasoning. I suggest adding some fresh ground pepper, some chives or dill. Add a little sea salt or pink himalayan salt to it. These seasonings with some red onion would be great in the potato salad!
- Another option is to add some fresh boiled eggs to it. This will give it some texture and depth. Again, add your seasonings and maybe some finely chopped red peppers.
- If all else fails, add in some spicy mustard, a little sea salt and pepper and sprinkle some chopped herbs like dill on top for a nice presentation.